- Premium and Extreme Covers carry a 3 YEAR LIMITED WARRANTY
- Standard and Deluxe Covers carry a 2 YEAR LIMITED WARRANTY
(Note: In the event of a discrepancy between the warranty terms as published on this Web site and those of the "written policy" received with a purchased cover, the terms of the "written policy" will apply.)
Hottubchemicals.ca provides a two year limited warranty against defects in materials and workmanship. This warranty applies from the date of delivery to the original retail purchaser only. Warranty is not transferable. Defects in the materials or workmanship of the spa cover occurring during the first two years from the original date of delivery to the retail purchaser will be repaired or replaced, at the option of Hottubchemicals.ca without charge. The handles are only covered against breaking for the first twelve months. Only the locking fastener components of the tie down straps are covered under this warranty and not the actual tie down straps themselves.
Hot Tub Cover - Foam Core
The foam core of the cover shall be warranted for a period of two years against becoming waterlogged. For the purpose of this warranty the definition of waterlogged shall be as follows: In order for a foam core to be considered waterlogged it must gain more than fifty percent of its original weight within the two year warranty period. The original weight figure for each foam core is available on request from Hottubchemicals.ca. Each foam core submitted for a water logging warranty claim will be weighed by Hottubchemicals.ca on a government certified legal scale before any replacement foam core is issued. Waterlogged foam cores will be replaced without charge during the first twelve month period and replaced on the following prorated scale for the second twelve month period. The prorated scale shall be as follows: if a claim is made in the 13th through 16th months the foam cores will be replaced at a discount of 30%. If a claim is made in the 17th through 20th month the foam cores will be replaced at a 20% discount. If a claim is made in the 21st through 24th month the foam cores will be replaced at a 10% discount. Please note that any puncture of the polyethylene vapor barrier renders the foam core warranty null and void.
To obtain warranty service present the defective cover, and the original bill of sale showing the date of purchase to Hottubchemicals.ca. For foam core warranty service during the first year the panels must be inspected by Hottubchemicals.ca. During the second year please contact Hottubchemicals.ca for instructions. No returns will be accepted without prior authorization from Hottubchemicals.ca. Transportation costs to and from Hottubchemicals.ca shall be the responsibility of the purchaser. All repairs are FOB.
- The above warranty does not apply -
- A. To conditions resulting from any misuse, negligence, or accident.
- B. To conditions resulting from failure to perform reasonable and necessary maintenance as required by the Hottubchemicals.ca maintenance and use instructions.
- C. To conditions resulting from exposure to any chemicals or abrasive materials.
- D. To normal fading and deterioration of exterior surfaces resulting from exposure to the elements.
- E. To conditions resulting from a defect in a component which is not part of the Hottubchemicals.ca cover.
- F. To conditions resulting from use of any spa cover removal device.
- G. To conditions resulting from any weather related damage.
- H. To conditions resulting from normal wear and tear.
- I. To conditions resulting in breaking or cracking of the foam core under any circumstances whatsoever.
- J. To conditions resulting in damage to or tearing of the tie down straps for any reason - see exclusion G. (Actual locking fastener components are covered for the full warranty duration.) product disclaimer Hottubchemicals.ca spa covers are not intended to be and should not be used as a safety device. They are not designed to hold weight.
Do not walk, sit, stand, climb or play on the cover. Never swim or play under the cover.