Spa Marvel Cleanser is a fast-acting proprietary hot tub plumbing cleaner that penetrates deep inside of your spa’s plumbing and equipment, removing biofilm, organic, mineral and chemical contaminants thereby prolonging the life of your spa and hot tub equipment. In brand new spas, Spa Marvel Cleanser removes residues left over from the manufacturing process including waxes, oils, and resins. It is the perfect spa & hot tub pipe cleaner to use before using Spa Marvel Water Treatment & Conditioner.
If you do not use the Spa Marvel Cleanser the natural descalers contained in the Spa Marvel Water Treatment & Conditioner will clean out residue from the manufacturing process and accumulation from past use. This may cause water quality issues.
Instructions for Spa Cleanser by Spa Marvel
- Remove your hot tub filters.
- Add one full bottle of Spa Marvel Cleanser to the existing water. Spa Marvel Cleanser performs much better in warm water than in cold water. Run jets on high for at least 1 hour and then allow to circulate for an additional 23 hours. It is important that Spa Marvel Cleanser circulates in the spa water. If the pumps are not on, the water is not circulating. If your spa does not run continuously, you may need to leave the Cleanser in for a longer period of time. For example, . if your spa circulates 12 hours a day, leave the Cleanser in for 2 days. 12 hours X 2 days = 24 hours of circulation. It is okay to leave the Spa Marvel Cleanser in the spa for longer than one day. NOTE: Do not use the spa during the cleansing process.
Spa Marvel Cleanser does not cause foam on its' own If you experience massive amounts of foam, it is a result of contaminants in the tub’s plumbing, being removed and being reintroduced to the water.
After circulating the water for at least 24 hours, drain the old water out. Flush each jet line with fresh water, and thoroughly clean and rinse the hot tub. Do your best to remove all of the old spa water.
- Clean both sides of the spa cover using a cover cleaning product. The inside of hot tub covers have been known to harbor mould and bacteria, which drip from condensation into the hot tub water.
- Clean the inside of the hot tub with products designed for hot tub surfaces
- Refill your hot tub with fresh water and follow our recommended start up procedures.
Repeat the use of Spa Cleanser every time you drain and refill your tub.
If you have a brand-new spa, we encourage you to use the Spa Marvel Cleanser to remove the residues from the manufacturing process. However many new hot tub owners are eager to get using their spa and would prefer not to start out with the cleansing process. Many new spa owners also experience extremely high bather loads during the first few weeks of ownership, as friends and neighbours come to try out the new hot tub. Remember that 4 people in a hot tub are equivalent to 400 people in a pool. This excessive use often dictates the necessity for a water change after only 1-3 weeks of using the spa.