Spa Marvel Filter Cleaner is a powerful hot tub filter cleaner that doesn’t utilize harsh acids or bleach, and removes and loosens oil, hair, dirt and grime that becomes lodged in the fabric of cartridge filters. One bottle of Spa Marvel Filter Cleaner provides 8 filter cleanings. At a fraction of the cost of other filter cleaning products on the market, Spa Marvel Filter Cleaner is the best and most economical filter cleaning agent available.
- Remove the filter from hot tub and rinse with a spray hose.
- Add two capfuls of Spa Marvel Filter Cleaner to up to 20 litres (5 gallons) of fresh water in a pail and mix to dissolve.
- Soak the filter overnight in the solution.
- After soaking the filter in the hot tub filter cleaner it is critical that the debris is thoroughly removed from the pleats of the filters. The water pressure from showers and kitchen sinks is often not strong enough to remove the debris. If after rinsing your filters there is still discolouration in the pleats of the filters or if they still smell, then they are not clean. Many people use a pressure washer (gently and carefully) to quickly and effectively remove the debris after soaking the filter. If you do not have access to a pressure washer, the sprayer at the coin-operated car wash works well. Most reusable hot tub filters ought to be replaced after 6 months of use.
- Ideally, the filter should be allowed to dry before replacing in your hot tub.
A thorough filter rinse once a week, with a proper complete monthly cleaning using Spa Marvel hot tub filter cleaner, will suffice for the majority of hot tub users. Keep in mind that the filter takes out whatever is put into the spa, and all it takes is one bather who is covered in body lotions to foul a clean filter.
The frequency at which filters need to be cleaned, is dependent on spa use. Clean your filter at least once a month, or more often if you have a smaller filter and a higher bather load. If you have a low-circulating spa with a small filter, and your spa is used by multiple people every day, you may have to properly clean your filter every week.